Friday, January 9, 2009

Cool Stuff!

I have been looking forward to this assignment! After surfing the internet, I found two interesting websites about Africa along with some pictures. The first website I found was an African Cookbook. It contains many menus and recipies pertaining by the many countries in Africa. It includes the familiar dishes such as appetizers, poultry and fish entrees, desserts, etc. It gives a list of certain ingredients as well as directions on how to make and cook a certain meal. http://www.africa.upenn.edu/Cookbook/Appetiz.html.

The next interesting piece of information I found was a website of almost all the many radio stations in Africa. These radio stations are from the different countries/cities located in Africa: Capetown, Johannesburg, and many others. You are able to listen to the radio LIVE as well. Not only is it exciting to hearing the radio LIVE, but on the side it gives the actual time and temperature/weather for each city/country in Africa! http://www.surfmusic.de/country/south+africa.html.

Finally, I found some pictures representing Africa such as the people, homes, and life.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley!

    I was actually hungry when I read your cool stuff blog. The one that appealed to me most was the avocado dip. I LOVE avocado. It's my favorite fruit!

    A friend of mine went to Africa last summer and she told me that some of the African delicacies she tasted were similar to Filipino food. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely have to agree with Bianca on being hungry. It's such a shame we can't cook in our dorms! Otherwise I would so test out some of those dishes. If you are really interested in Africa try contacting Kathy West. She brought in some authentic African dishes to our last day in IDC and has spent a fair amount of time in the continent. Thanks for sharing the radio. It's amazing how small the world has become with technology.

    ReplyDelete